Find information about each course by clicking the links below.
This course is designed for individuals who are currently working in, or wish to work in the area of training, delivery and assessment. Candidates who generally undertake this qualification have specific industry, subject or technical knowledge and are responsible for training and assessing in these areas.
This qualification is made up of 10 Units of Competency.
- TAEASS401B Plan assessment activities and processes
- TAEASS402B Assess competence
- TAEASS403B Participate in assessment validation
- TAEDEL401A Plan, organise and deliver group-based learning
- TAEDEL402A Plan, organise and facilitate learning in the workplace
- TAEDES401A Design and develop learning programs
- TAEDES402A Use training packages and accredited courses to meet client needs
- TAEASS301A Contribute to assessment
- TAEASS502A Design and develop assessment tools
- TAEDEL301A Provide work skill instruction
Candidates should be sufficiently fluent in the use of the English language for communication and assessment purposes.
- Face to face delivery – workshop 2 days
- Self-Directed Learning.
- Allowing you the flexibility of working at your own pace. Support is given via telephone, e-mail and Skype
Combination of External & In Class Training
Allowing a flexible approach for those that would like a degree of classroom training. The candidate will be required to complete various theory and practical assessments. Please note, the candidate will be required to complete some research and assessment tasks in their own time.
Assessment will take place using a combination of strategies that will include simulated and workplace activities, project work, self-paced and group-based work. You will build throughout the training: a comprehensive portfolio will be the basis of the final assessment.
Certificates will not be issued until all assessment tasks are complete and deemed competent.
Skill Set 1 The Workplace
This skill set of 4 units ensures the methods are current and appropriate under the Regulations and Quality Assurance systems, as well as providing sensitive and appropriate care for young children.
- CHCCS400C Work within a relevant legal and ethical framework
- CHCAL307A Comply with family day care administration requirements
- CHCIC302A Support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families to participate in children’s services
- HLTWHS300A Contribute to WHS processes
Skill Set 2 Caregiving
This skill set of 4 units explores relationships with babies / children and their families as well as methods of providing care that will enhance the babies / children’s growth.
- CHCCN302A Provide care for children
- CHCCN305B Care for babies
- CHCCN303A Contribute to the provision of nutritionally balanced food in a safe and hygienic manner.
- CHCRF301E Work effectively with families to care for the child
Skill Set 3 Play & Development
This skill set of 4 units concentrates on the educators being able to act on information received or observed, it explores development and play and positive behavior guidance.
- CHCFC301A Support the development of children
- CHCPR301C Provide experiences to support children’s play and learning
- CHCPR303D Develop an understanding of children’s interests and developmental needs
- CHCIC301E Interact effectively with children.
Skill Set 4 Children’s Health & Safety
This skill set of 2 units is an excellent way to begin or refresh your knowledge of safety and care legislation.
- CHCCHILD401B Identify and respond to children at risk
- CHCCN301C Ensure the health and safety of children
- HLTFA311A * Apply First Aid
*(Complete at a registered training authority)
Skill Set 5 Professional Development Skills & Review
Employability skills, what’s new and updates and time for review.
The Diploma of Children’s Services consists of a total of 18 units:
Core Units: The 14 core units are compulsory. Bold are 4 elective units.
Skill Set 1
- CHCCN511B Establish and maintain a safe and healthy environment for children.
- HLTWHS401A Maintain OHS Processes
- CHCIC501B Manage children’s services workplace practice to address regulations and quality assurance.
Skill Set 2
- CHCPR510B Design, implement and evaluate programs and care routines for children
- CHCRF511A Work in partnership with families to provide appropriate care for the child
- HLTHIR403C Work effectively with culturally diverse clients and co-workers
Skill Set 3
- CHCIC302A Support Aboriginal and Torres Strait islander families to participate in children’s services.
- CHCIC511A Implement & promote inclusive policies & practise in children’s service
- CHCIC512A Plan and implement inclusion of children with additional needs
Skill Set 4
- CHCFC506A Foster children’s language and communication development
- CHCFC505A Foster cognitive development in early childhood
- CHCFC503A Foster social development in early childhood
- CHCFC502A Foster physical development in early childhood
Skill Set 5
- CHCFC504A Support emotional and psychological development in early childhood
- CHCORG614C Manage a community sector organisation (Compulsory in NSW, elective elsewhere.)
Skill Set 6
- CHCPR502E Organise experiences to facilitate and enhance children’s development
- CHCPR509A Gather interpret and use information about children
- CHCIC510A Establish and implement plans for developing cooperative behaviour