Information for Educators
This is an amazing chance to experience what other educators call, “life-changing”. When you become an In-Home Childcare services educator you are answering a calling, not just finding your next job. It is a challenging, immersive experience that will bring forward resources you never knew you had.
- Registered Educators with the New South Wales In-Home Childcare Services earn an income as independent contractors caring for children in the child’s own home.
- Registered educators are expected to provide a high standard of childcare and to adhere to the policies and procedures of the service. They are warm, energetic and sensitive to the needs of families.
- Families approach the In-Home Care Service Provider to obtain childcare and enter into an agreement with New South Wales In-Home Childcare Services or In-Home Care Service Provider for the provision of that childcare.
- Educators (through a sub-contractual agreement with New South Wales In-Home Childcare Services) provide the care to the children of the parents concerned.
- Part of the educators’ role is to provide the children with a variety of age appropriate activities that encourage the development of life skills.
- Staff of the In-Home Care Service Provider will visit the family home while care is taking place to assess the standard of care and to support the family and educators.
- In-Home Educators are not expected to perform housekeeping duties other than those associated with the care of the children. Extra duties will only be undertaken by agreement between Family and Educators and must not interfere with the provision of childcare.
- They are warm, energetic and sensitive to the needs of families.
- Educators must have a current Working with Children Check and a National Police Check.
To get you on your way to a new vocation we follow the steps laid out here.
Complete application form, which you can request via the “Contact Us” button below and send (with supportive documentation) to your nearest In-Home Childcare Service Provider.
The application and suitability will be assessed by the In-Home Childcare Service Provider –
- Referees will be contacted
- Interview arranged
Where successful –
- Application will be made for Working with Children Check and a National Police Check
When clearance received:
- Induction training commences.
Utilising the New South Wales In-Home Childcare Services Educator Induction booklet topics covered include:
- New South Wales In-Home Childcare Services Policies
- Administration of Child Care Benefit
- Fee Setting
- Developing a fee policy / schedule
- Family interviews
- Occupational health and safety
- Planning and programming
- Behaviour management
- Controlling infectious diseases
- Educator health and safety
- Referral commences
- Care commences
New South Wales In-Home Childcare Services will send you your website access code.
Where unsuccessful applicants will be advised in writing.
An Information and Application Booklet is available by calling 02 9779 999902 9779 9999 or contacting us online.
What a privilege it is to be a trusted part of this family. All the years and experiences have brought me the opportunity to share some of this knowledge with a family who is opening my eyes…
Ann Carr – Educator