Projects and Partnerships
NSW Family Day Care Association is working on a number of projects in partnership with both the NSW and the Commonwealth governments. The aim of these projects is to support the Family Day Care sector where it is needed most. These projects include free training, resources and support for FDC services.
Sector Development Program
NSW Department of Education has purchased services and resources from NSW Family Day Care Association in 2015/16 under the Early Childhood Education and Care Sector Development Program. Resources developed under this program include:
- FDC Child Safety Resource Kit: Aimed at increasing the understanding of FDC services about mechanisms to improve Child Safety within FDC services.
- FDC Quality Improvement Toolkit: This toolkit is designed to assist FDC services to improve their quality provision in Quality Area 1 Educational Program and Practices.
- Quality Creation in Family Day Care: These conference events were held in March and April 2016, and explored the Educational Program and Practice Area of the NQS along with elements of QA3, relating to sustainability.
- Sustainability Webinars: This webinar was designed to demonstrate to services actions required to meet the elements of QA3 relating to sustainability that can be made in an educators’ environment.
- Child Safe Development Professional Sessions: These were provided to educators within identified services who received a “Working Towards” Quality Improvement (QIP) rating in November 2015 and March 2016, in 11 locations across NSW.
More information can be found on the Resources for Services page.
RESOURCES FOR SERVICES PAGE
FDC Services Education & Support Project
Changes in the 2014 Budget meant significant changes to funding for some FDC services. Funding contracts under the Community Support Programme ended and services had to reapply for funds under tighter eligibility criteria.This transition support project was funded by the Australian Government to assist FDC services nationwide. More information can be found on the project’s website.
Nanny Pilot Programme
A ‘Nanny Pilot Programme’ was established as an initiative of the Australian Government, Department of Education and Training, to meet the demands of families who cannot find child care services that meet their needs, enabling them to increase their workforce participation.It aims to provide additional and flexible care options for families experiencing difficulty in obtaining care due to non-standard hours, living in remote or rural areas as well as other access needs. The Nanny Pilot Programme commenced in January 2016 and will run for approximately two years, with a review of the overall program expected in March 2018.
NSW Family Day Care Association established NSW Nanny Services to manage the programme for NSW and the ACT. More information can be found at the project website.
The Australian Government through the Department of Education and Training has funded NSW Family Day Care Association to produce resources aimed at increasing FDC services understanding of compliance. More information can be found on the FDC Services page.
FDC Educator Toolkit
The Australian Government through the Department of Education and Training has funded NSW Family Day Care Association to produce video resources aimed at increasing educators’ understanding of their rights and responsibilities as educators. These will be produced in 11 different community languages by the end of 2016.