The NSW Family Day Care Association Inc. was established in 1976 with this aim:
To promote and support all aspects of Family Day Care in the community. Since its inception, the Association has worked to maintain an outstanding level of support for all of its members and create healthy, safe and vibrant environments for individual educators and the children in their care. The overall role of the Association is the promotion of the wellbeing of children as we strive for excellence in our service delivery. Family Day Care, by the very nature of the service, has a wealth of extremely talented and skilled people working within organisations. It is up to us as individuals to be involved and encourage the involvement of others to participate for the benefit of our colleagues and ultimately the children of our future.
This aim is achieved through the following objectives:
- To promote the wellbeing of children and to encourage discussion and exchange of ideas relating to children and their needs
- To inform and support those involved in Family Day Care
- To act on problems and coordinate solutions specific to Family Day Care in NSW
- To act as a body on research, education, publicity and submissions relating to Family Day Care
- To disseminate information relating to Family Day Care
- To act as an advisory body
- To liaise with government and non-government organisations
The Role of the Association
We believe the role of the Association should carry out these tasks:
The Association is a member of, or is aligned with other organisations and committees which have similar goals and interests. These are:
- Early Childhood Australia (ECA)
- National Association Community-Based Children’s Services
- Children’s Services Central
- National Family Day Care Council of Australia
Other services the Association has links with are:
- Community Child Care Cooperative
- Network of Community Activities
- Kidsafe NSW
- Contact Inc.
- Ethnic Community Services Cooperative
- Semann & Slattery
- Lady Gowrie Child Centre
- Marrickville Council Target Sustainability
- Munch and Move
- Family Day Care Educators Association NSW Inc.
- Family Day Care Australia
- Local government and shire associations
Submission to the National Quality Framework Inquiry (PDF)
Response to Productivity commission inquiry (PDF)
Submission regarding National Quality Framework Review (PDF)
Regulatory impact statement – child care assistance package (PDF)
This is an area which over recent years has expanded rapidly. The Association has its own registered training organisation attached – trading as ‘PEAK Training’. This college offers accredited training to those at all levels of childcare.
Our annual conference sets very high standard and is entering its 40th year. The conference training includes: management committees, coordinators, child development officers, play leaders, educators and clerical/administration staff. The success of our conferences and training programs is directly related to the skills and efforts of the people involved in their planning and implementation, and the willingness of staff, sponsors and educators to participate.